12 May 2010

Critique: Super Duper Burgers -Castro, San Francisco


Super Duper Burgers overtook the store front on Market Street and has been a tempting venture since it's opening this past month. The location is ideally situated in the Castro outskirts and the clientele make it quite an amusing-people watching extravaganza, bears and twinks mingling in their natural enviroment. Gastronomically I was impressed with their simple menu, similar to that of In-N-Out Burger, but awed by the trendy mod aura of the place. Scrimshaw Pilsner is on tap which is a great supplement to a nice burger. The never-ending quest for a decent burger anywhere excites me and the burgers here competed with the best of 'em. My cheeseburger, double pattie, with gem lettuce, red onions, a tomato, and mayonnaise was cooked to perfection (medium) and well seasoned. I love when a burger is dripping with its natural juices and not drowned in grease and this burger was just that. The thinness of the patties gave it a "fast food" motif without feeling like I was not getting my $6.25 worth.

The petit cut of the french fries gave them just the right amount of crispiness. They were slightly over salted. The in-house pickles were crisp, as a pickle should be. My one complaint of this fairly priced quick-stop, is the lack of sauces. I would prefer Maille mustard as opposed to the tart vinegary flavor of Heinz.

All in all.... well priced for someone on a budget and a succulent burger worth going back for."

No comments:

Post a Comment