13 February 2011

Brussels Sprouts in Mustard and Parm

Every so often my body goes into a mad frenzy for some random food item that is so nonchalantly common, my craving seems rather boring. Brussels Sprouts over booze? At least one is cheaper than the other. Here's my take on these mini wild cabbages. This recipe serves two people for an appetizer.


You need:
-20 Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and cleaned
-Salt/Pepper
-Shaved Parmesan Cheese
-1 tbs. Granular Mustard
-Pinch of Nutmeg
-1 tbs. butter

Start by steaming your brussels sprouts for 5-6 minutes. I use a bamboo steamer that I picked up in China Town, this is by far one of my best purchases for the kitchen. Vegetables are cooked in a timely manner and the heat is so controlled, the only way to overcook something is by forgetting it. You could also boil them. Next heat the butter until it is foaming, add the nutmeg, salt and pepper and the mustard. Heat this mixture until it becomes fragrant. Toss in the brussels sprouts and coat them evenly by using the "stir fry" technique. Remove from the heat source and plate accordingly finishing the garnish of shaved parmesan.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try this. I had some wonderfully cooked Brussels sprouts at Steuben's in Denver-- I'm gonna try this recipe for sure!

    ReplyDelete